Imagination Station uses a thematic curriculum approach to early childhood learning, which emphasizes hands on experiences.
Our thematic curriculum is based on bi-weekly themes such as "Back to School", "All about Me", "Black History", and "Holidays Around the World" just to name a few. These themes are intergeted into our learning centers, which consist of blocks, sensory, math, homeliving, science and art. Our learning centers foster a child's nature love of learning through play. Enriching our learning centers and concentrating on our themes for two weeks at a time, aids in retention and provides a well rounded learning experience.
In addition, we also provide:
- NAEYC Accreditation: IMS seeks to become a child care and learning center of excellence. Because of this commitment, Imagination Station has achieved NAEYC Accreditation; a national standard of excellence certification. The National Association for the Education of Young Children has worked to raise the quality of programs for all children from birth through age eight. We are excited to be an active part of this Association.
- Baby Signs: Building the bridge of communication early through the use of Baby sign language. Our Infant and Toddler teachers have been trained in this program and implemented into our everyday curriculum.
- Zoo Phonics: A kinesthetic, multi-model approach to learning all aspects of language arts, including vocabulary development and articulation, based on phonics and phonemic awareness.
- Kindermusik: IMS seeks partnerships with outside community organizations that align with our mission/vision. Kindermusk is a program that helps childen learn vital listening, attention, and phonological awareness skills that will aid in the child's acdemic success. This program nicely compliments what IMS is already doing in equipping each child for school readiness and beyond.
- LANA Preschool Program: (Learning About Nutrition through Activities) LANA educates preschoolers of the importance of healthy choices with a special focus on fruits and vegetables. Activiites, menus, and family involvement are threaded throughout this entire program making LANA a fun and educational opportunity for the whole family.
- Bible Curriculum : To better meet the needs of all children, IMS utilizes the best of two curriculums. Hands-On Bible Curriculum® for Toddlers & 2s presents Bible truths in a fresh, interactive setting that capitalizes on children’s need to experience life with all their senses. This curriculum allows toddlers and 2s to meet and interact with the God who made the world they’re so interested in exploring. Gospel Light provides fun interactive games and activites that bring the Bible to life for ages 3 and up. Gospel Light's Baby Beginnings for infants is organized by 12 important monthly themes and equips families with the tools to help little ones take their first steps in learning about God.
A weekly Bible story and Bible verse are introduced in all classrooms as part of this Bible curriculum.